The good people at Wren Kitchens recently asked me to help kickstart their Wren Family Favourites campaign, sharing those recipes that have been passed down and hold a special place in our memories.
They are hosting a competition on Instagram using the hashtag #WrenFamilyFavourites where interior designer Linda Barker will be picking the ‘Best of Instagram’ each week, and her overall winner will win an awesome AEG Kitchen Assistent™! To get those tastebuds tingling, here is one of my favourite family recipes:
When we were little Mum would always ask what we wanted for our special birthday meal. We could have anything we wanted and one of my favourites was Half Hour Pudding. In fact, I can barely remember what else I asked for, except for trifle, which tells you a lot about my eating habits!
3oz brown sugar
½ cup milk
5oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup of brown sugar
1½ cups of boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 175°c/350°f.
2. Cream the sugar and margarine in a bowl.
3. Add the milk, flour, raisins and baking powder and mix well. Put to one side.
4. In an ovenproof dish, put the ½ cup of brown sugar and 1½ cups of boiling water and stir until melted.
5. Place the mixture from the bowl into the sugary mix and put in the oven for 30 mins.
6. Remove from the oven and enjoy with some cream or custard!
I’d love to know if you try it out, or how you would put your twist on it! Also, tag me into your #WrenFamilyFavourites so I can try them too!